If you are planning to buy a wig the decision does not have to be so hard. There are several factors you have to consider like fiber type, cap type, head size, color, and style.
- Fiber type – Synthetic and human hair are the two types of fiber you can choose from. Human hair offers the same versatility as your normal hair. This kind of fiber requires extra maintenance because the natural oil that once it had when it was still attached to a scalp is gone. It can get brittle and dry if you don’t take good care of it. Synthetic hair is as the name implies, made from synthetic which makes it easier to maintain. This is recommended for first-time wig users because of low maintenance. This fiber, however, is very heat sensitive.
- Cap type – There are four kinds of cap types which are classic wigs, monofilament wigs, hand-tied caps and lace front wigs.
- Head size – The basic sizes of a wig are petite, average and large. The majority of the wigs sold are using the average size which means there are more style and color available for this size.
- Color – When choosing a color of a wig that you will daily it is recommended to get matching colors of your original hair color. But it is really up to you if you want to go wear blonde wigs on weekends and going brunette on weekdays. That is one of the advantages of a wig. It allows you to change your look in whenever you like.
- Style – There are a lot of styles to choose from when it comes to a wig. Make sure you choose a style that is ag appropriate. A shorter wig will be easier to manage compared to longer ones. Many stores come up with a lot of color selection that is why it is better to choose the style first.